Douglas Fife, M.D.
DR. DOUGLAS FIFE, M.D.
Douglas Fife, M.D. is a board-certified Dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon who is passionate about providing excellent, compassionate care to all patients. He has specialized training in Mohs micrographic surgery, reconstruction, acne scarring therapy, and laser Medicine. His training includes Dermatology Residency at the University of California Irvine and a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Procedural Dermatology at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Fife is one of only a few Mohs micrographic surgeons in the Las Vegas area who are eligible for membership in the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). All members of the ACMS were required to complete a one-year fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery after Dermatology Residency, in which they received intensive training in surgical removal and reconstruction of difficult skin cancers on the face.
Dr. Fife’s goal is to provide the highest level of care to you while treating your skin cancer or other skin problem. The son of a Central California physician who spent his entire career teaching medical residents and providing the highest level of care to each patient, Dr. Fife prides himself in staying at the cutting edge of current technology and treatments in dermatologic surgery.
In addition to skin cancer surgery, Dr. Fife’s interests also include acne scarring therapy. During his residency and fellowship training he was able to study under two of the leaders in the field of Laser medicine, Dr. Christopher Zachary and Dr. Murad Alam. Dr. Fife has performed studies, given lectures, and written publications on various acne scarring and laser topics. For more details about Dr. Fife, please see his CV.
- Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology (www.aad.org)
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS.net)
- Fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstruction, American College of Mohs Surgery (http://www.mohscollege.org/)
- Member, American Medical Association (www.ama-assn.org/)
- Author or co-author 3 Book Chapters and over 10 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Invited to speak at multiple local, national, and international conferences
Residency and FellowshipTraining:
- Procedural Dermatology / Mohs micrographic Surgery Fellowship: Northwestern University, Chicago, IL July 2008-June 2009. Fellowship Program Director: Murad Alam, M.D.
- Dermatology Residency: University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 2005-2008
- Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology Rotation
Director: Christopher Zachary
- ASDS Preceptorship Program in Mohs micrographic surgery:
UT Southwestern Skin Surgery and Oncology Clinic, Dallas TX June 2007. Preceptor: Stan Taylor, M.D.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced, Merced, CA 2004-2005
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, 2000-2004
- BS in Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
Graduated Cum Laude in 2000